Invisalign in Loxahatchee, FL
Have you ever felt self-conscious or hid your smile because you didn’t like something about it?
This is one of the most common concerns that patients have when they go to the dentist. It’s natural to feel this way, because your smile is a key part of every first impression. Many studies have also found that a person’s teeth or smile is always one of the first features people tend to notice in someone else when they first meet.
With Invisalign, you can have a straighter, more beautiful smile without having to endure the distraction and discomfort of metal braces. Call Groves Dental Care in Loxahatchee, FL to begin your transformation!
- What is Invisalign?
- What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- Why should I straighten my teeth?
- What kinds of problems can Invisalign fix?
- What can I expect with Invisalign?
- How do I get started with Invisalign?
- When should I take out my Invisalign aligners?
- Does Invisalign treatment hurt?
- Will I need to wear a retainer?
- How long is the Invisalign process?
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an “invisible braces” system that uses clear, plastic aligners to guide your teeth into their proper places. The aligners are transparent and fit snugly on your teeth, which means that they are virtually invisible.
Dr. Elkhechen uses Invisalign to treat a range of alignment problems, including crowding, overlapping, and twisted teeth. It’s also a great choice for anyone with wide gaps between their teeth.
While Invisalign is incredibly versatile, it can’t treat every orthodontic issue. The best way to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign is to call Groves Dental Care and request an evaluation with Dr. Elkhechen. He will perform a comprehensive examination and determine whether Invisalign is an appropriate treatment option for your needs.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
While patients love the fact that Invisalign is discreet and comfortable, there are even more reasons Invisalign is a great choice for busy lifestyles:
- No food limitations. You remove Invisalign to eat, so you don’t have to worry about the food limitations that occur with braces. Feel free to enjoy popcorn, fresh apples, crunchy carrots, and corn on the cob!
- Easier dental hygiene. You won’t have to worry about brushing around brackets or attempting to thread floss between wires. To clean your aligners, remove them and brush them according to Dr. Elkhechen’s instructions.
- Less discomfort. Dr. Elkhechen will give you several sets of aligners at a time, and each one will move your teeth a little bit more. This helps to keep visits to the office to a minimum and reduces the discomfort that is common when “tightening” braces.
- Faster treatment time. While everyone is unique, most patients complete treatment in 12 to 18 months.
Why should I straighten my teeth in Loxahatchee?
Some people may find crooked teeth charming or think of the gap between their teeth as part of their signature look. While we fully support your individuality, we do want you to know about the health issues involved.
The fact is, dental alignment is more than just a cosmetic issue. When your teeth are out of alignment, it can have a detrimental effect on your oral health.
For instance, teeth that overlap or are tightly crowded can be difficult to brush and floss. Plaque and bacteria can still get into these tight spaces and increase your risk for dental cavities and gum disease.
When your bite and teeth don’t line up properly, certain teeth have to handle excessive stress. This can lead to fractures and wear, as well as jaw discomfort. Teeth that are widely spaced have a tendency to trap food, leading to bad breath and decay.
If you aren’t sure whether you would benefit from orthodontics, give us a call. We are happy to examine your teeth and give you honest feedback. If you have been wanting to straighten your teeth for a while but have been putting it off, now is the time to schedule a consultation!
What kinds of problems can Invisalign fix?
Invisalign gives you the freedom to improve your smile without bulky, distracting metal braces. Straight teeth without gaps are also healthier and easier to care for. Invisalign can do all this and more:
- Close wide gaps between teeth. Gapped teeth can lead to tooth decay, bone loss, gum disease, and even tooth loss in the area.
- Correct a misaligned bite. Aligned jaws helps you chew and bite down properly, avoiding TMJ and uneven wear on teeth.
- Straighten crooked, overlapped, or overcrowded teeth. Straight teeth are easier to clean and help keep your bite aligned.
What can I expect with Invisalign in 33470?
At Groves Dental Care, you are an active participant in your own orthodontic treatment. Dr. Elkhechen believes patients should know what to expect every step of the way and understand all their orthodontic and dental treatment options.
The Invisalign process is straightforward and moves teeth using gentle, constant pressure. You wear the aligners most of the time, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss. You will have a new aligner every two weeks to keep moving your teeth in the right direction.
Here’s what else to know about the Invisalign process:
- Dr. Elkhechen will examine your teeth and gums and discuss your goals, budget, and lifestyle. If you and Dr. Elkhechen decide you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, he will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create your comprehensive treatment plan.
- When your clear aligners return from the Invisalign lab, Dr. Elkhechen will explain how and when to use them. In most cases, you will wear the aligners 22 hours per day for about two weeks before switching them for another set.
- The Invisalign treatment time is shorter than traditional braces treatment, typically 12 to 18 months. You’ll come back to our office for new aligners periodically, but there are no “tightening” appointments as with metal braces.
How do I get started with Invisalign in Loxahatchee?
The first step in the Invisalign process is to determine whether you’re a good candidate. Dr. Elkhechen will assess your bite, gums, the wear on your teeth, and any other factors, such as gaps or overcrowding to determine if Invisalign can meet your needs.
Dr. Elkhechen will also discuss the commitment that makes Invisalign treatment successful:
- Invisalign requires sticking to a consistent schedule for changing the aligners. That’s why adults and older teens who can commit to this schedule do best with the clear aligner system.
- Being diligent about caring for your aligners will prevent loss or damage that could add extra time and cost to your treatment.
If you feel that this system fits in with your lifestyle and routine, Invisalign may be the perfect solution for you! Schedule a consultation with Dr. Elkhechen at our Loxahatchee dental office to learn more.
When should I take out my Invisalign aligners?
You will only take out your clear aligners to eat, brush, or floss.
Wearing the clear aligners for a specified number of hours per day and changing the aligners on a schedule are the keys to success with Invisalign. The Groves Dental Care team and your Loxahatchee dentist want you to get the best results possible. We’re here to answer any questions you may have along the way!
Does Invisalign treatment hurt?
While metal braces can chafe a patient’s tongue and mouth, may require rubber bands, and may feel painful after adjustments, Invisalign offers a more gentle experience.
- The aligners are made of smooth plastic rather than wires and brackets.
- Invisalign applies constant pressure that may only feel tender when you switch to a new set of aligners. This discomfort will resolve in a few days.
Will I need to wear a retainer?
A retainer is an essential part of your Invisalign treatment to protect your investment and brand-new smile.
When you are finished with your Invisalign clear aligners, we will fit you with a custom retainer to ensure that your teeth stay in their new positions. Like your Invisalign treatment, your retainer will also be discreet, clear, and comfortable.
If your grind your teeth at night, we offer a more durable retainer that can double as a nightguard. Dr. Elkhechen will give you instructions on how long to wear your retainer and will go over all your options.
How long is the Invisalign process?
Invisalign typically takes less time than traditional braces, since most cases are not severe and the aligners apply constant pressure. The average time for treatment ranges from 4-7 months.
Since everyone’s smile is unique, Dr. Elkhechen will customize your treatment plan and discuss the entire process with you, including a time estimate for completion.
Learn More About Invisalign Clear Braces with Dr. Elkhechen
We’re here to answer all your questions about Invisalign treatment and help you get started towards a healthier, straighter smile. Call our Loxahatchee, FL dental office to schedule an appointment!