Preventive Dental Care in Loxahatchee
Most patients tell us that their number one dental goal is to keep their teeth healthy for a lifetime. We think that’s a great goal, and routine visits twice a year for check-ups and cleanings play a major part in reaching this goal.
Gentle Professional Cleanings
For most of our patients, we recommend a professional cleaning with our talented hygienist twice a year. Some people, such as those who have active periodontal disease, may benefit from a specific type of cleaning or more frequent cleanings, and we’ll let you know if this is the case for you.
Cleanings are an opportunity for a fresh start. No matter how diligently you brush and floss, it’s impossible to remove every last trace of plaque from every nook and cranny of your teeth. Over time, this leftover plaque hardens into cavity-causing tartar, which can only be removed with professional instruments.
We are also excited to provide plenty of advice and recommendations – and even hands-on demonstrations – so that you can get the most out of your home care routine. Nobody is born knowing the best techniques for brushing and flossing, and we are always happy to show you.
Thorough Comprehensive Examinations
As a new patient at Groves Dental Care, you'll find that our highest priority is to provide you with a great experience while you receive fantastic care. We dedicate plenty of time at your initial visit so that we can really get to know each person better. This is important because it allows us to understand your specific concerns and address them based on your specific needs.
Your first appointment typically takes about 90 minutes. Here is what you can expect:
- X-rays – We use the latest digital technology, which means less radiation, faster x-rays, and softer, more comfortable sensors than ever before. Also, we make sure to customize the number of x-rays you receive based on your specific needs so you never have to get more x-rays than are absolutely necessary.
- A cleaning – Our skilled hygienist will give you an appropriate cleaning based on your specific needs. Additionally, you will also receive customized advice and recommendations to help you get the most out of your home care routine.
- An examination and consultation – Dr. Elkhechen will review your x-rays and perform a thorough examination of your teeth and the soft tissues in your mouth, like your gums, your palate, and your tongue. Following this comprehensive exam, Dr. Elkhechen will discuss both his findings and your concerns.
During your exam, we also use an intraoral camera to get a clear, high-resolution image of the inside of your mouth. Now you don’t have to wonder what Dr. Elkhechen is talking about; you’ll be able to see for yourself exactly what we see!
At Groves Dental Care, we make sure to include you in the process of planning your treatment. One of the most common concerns our patients express is that in the past, they haven't felt involved in their own care. We want to change that. We will always listen closely to your concerns before we present you with appropriate options or provide recommendations for treatment.
Additional Preventive Services
Prevention is truly the foundation of all the dental care we provide. Even though Groves Dental Care offers the services needed to treat an extensive range of dental concerns right here in our office, preventive care can help you dodge these problems in the first place!
Some of the additional preventive treatments we might recommend for you include:
- Fluoride – This naturally occurring mineral helps strengthen enamel and protect against decay.
- Sealants – Deep grooves in the molars are difficult to keep clean and can easily become a breeding ground for the bacteria that cause cavities. Sealants are a thin covering that seals off these grooves so they stay bacteria free.
- Custom-Fit Occlusal Guards – Bruxism, or chronic clenching and grinding, can cause significant damage to teeth. We dial in your customized clear acrylic mouth guard to your bite so that it will protect your teeth and help you avoid cracking, excessive wear, and pain in the jaw and joints.
Is It Time for Your Check-Up?
Has it been six months or more since your last dental visit? No problem! We want you to know that at Groves Dental Care, you will never feel judged over your current level of oral health. We’re just glad you’re here! Our goal is to never be a burden or create more stress for you. Instead, we want to be supportive and empower you to reach the goals you have for your dental health. We recognize that many factors can play a role in the decisions you make about your care, and we will be sure to take all of these into account to help you find the perfect solution for you.
Call our Palm Beach County dental office today, and we’ll find a time that works for you. We have early morning as well as late afternoon and evening hours available – and we’re even open one Saturday a month!
We can’t wait to help you have great oral health and a smile you can be excited about.